How do you take a chocolate chip cookie and make it even better? Make Blondies! Blondies have a brownie-like texture, soft and gooey in the middle but still have that classic chocolate chip cookie taste. Get your glass of milk ready!
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure these would be considered ‘Blondies’, but all the recipes out there are so similar to this why not? Next time I’m gonna find some of those dark chocolate covered cranberries that BakingBites used, that sounds wonderful!
These are ooey gooey in the middle and crisp on the outer edges and will have you begging for milk by your second bite. Don’t snub a classic. Sometimes its better not to over think it. Enjoy~
- 2¼ C Flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 C Butter, softened
- ¾ c packed brown sugar
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 C Chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped nuts, optional
- pre heat oven to 375
- in a medium bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt. stir to combine
- in a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add in eggs, and vanilla.
- slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chips and nuts
- turn out on to a 9 x 13″ pan (I use a 10 x 14″ pan, resulting in a thinner blondie)
- bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean